Waterloo Community Counselling (WCC) cares about and values the data you provide us. Please read the following carefully so that you understand how we will treat your personal data:
A) We collect information in the following ways:
- Information provided to us on referral forms
- Information provided to us from your GP, counsellor or other health professional
- Information you may email us
- We also ask you to complete an evaluation at the end of your counselling sessions
B) We collecting the following information:
- Contact details, such as address, phone number and email address
- Medical notes that are relevant to your counselling sessions
- Ethnicity and language so that we can provide you with appropriate counsellors and interpreters if required and report (anonymized) statistics to our funders.
C) Where we store your data:
- Referral forms are stored securely in lockable storage facilities
- Information sent by email is stored securely on our servers inside the European Economic Are (EAA)
- We keep our records secure and updated by storing them on our Client Relationship Management system (CRM) which is also stored on our secure servers within the EAA.
D) How we will use your data:
- Provide you with a professional and high quality counselling service.
- Anonymise your data for statistical purposes so that we can track how well we are delivering our services
- Anonymise your data to provide feedback to funders who fund our work so that we can offer it to you with no fee.
E) We will never share your personal data with third parties, unless you explicitly inform us to share them with third parties, such as your GP, solicitor or other organisations who we may refer you to for additional support and services.
F) We will keep your personal data for five years after your counselling sessions end. After this we will dispose of them securely.
G) We will ensure that when we collect and use personal information, it is done in accordance with GDPR legislation. We will primarily rely on your specific consent to use your data as outlined above. In some circumstances we may collect and use personal information where this is necessary in our legitimate interest, as a charity, including be able to:
- Send out relevant updates and additional service offerings to our clients
- Inform you of our therapy groups
You can usually switch off cookies by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so may limit the functionality of the websites you visit.
Internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox will allow some control over most cookies through their settings. You will need to review the settings of your browser software to identify what cookies are on your device and how to remove them.
I) You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you (Subject Access Right) and to have an inaccuracies correct. Any such requests will be actioned within 30 days and provided free-of-charge.
- To erase your personal information
- Withdraw consent at anytime
- Request u to restrict the processing of your personal information
- Object to our processing of your personal information
Should you wish to do any of the above, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Waterloo Community Counselling, Barley Mow Clinic, Greet House, Frazier Street, London, SE1 7BD.